Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Confident Splash of Red...!

The world suddenly has woken up to the impact that bright, plump, full red lips make. Its like the classic color riding another fame wave...
Red is that dynamic color that makes you look sexy, confident, pretty, self-assured, diabolic or even evil, depending on how you'd like it to make you look..!
Red, frankly is not a girl's color. It belongs to a lady who is a class apart. Red lips make you look in control, powerful, and most of all, brave. Not everyone can carry off a nude face with a big 'boing' of the bright, blood colored splash.
Red is the color of a woman in control. Someone who knows what she is doing. Who takes her own decisions and makes her own choices.

However, it did not take re-awakening fashionistas to tell me what a dynamite the color red is.
I've known the impact this color makes, from a very young age, thanks to a woman who'd 'earned' her red lips.
She was my school's Principal. A middle-aged lady with snow white skin is the last thing I remember about her. She was that someone who at that time had a bob cut, and fantastic red lips. That lady commanded respect! She looked like the epitome of femme fatale as she walked the corridors of the school on her daily rounds, with an eye for detail that missed nothing.

Her words were limited, chosen and honest. She never talked in vain. So the day she called me to her cabin and told me that I was the only girl who could portray Rani Laxmi Bai for the annual play is unforgettable.
Dedicated to her work, the school was like her baby, and she nurtured it like a dedicated mother would. She resigned while I was still in school, which kind of gave me the opportunity to appreciate her work because the school totally went down south after she left.
Frankly, the only interactions that I had with her, face to face, we the ones where she'd ask me to practice speeches in front of her before I went off for an inter-school competition or when she got us practicing for the annual day celebrations, but the fact that a lipstick shade reminded me of her stands proof that the Lady knew precisely *how* to make an impact!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment