Sunday, January 8, 2012

Signs that things aren't going too well...

..at the office, of course!
A junior called me the other day, asking me if there is a vacancy at "my" firm, and all I could blurt out to her was a big arse NO. I mean, yes there is vacancy, and yes, we could do with a few more smart, willing to work people around, but I'm not really cruel, and I'd never subject anyone else to Azkaban, would I?

So here's my little list of "You know your office sucks when..."
1. You come home for lunch and never go back
2. If you were the deserted-nerdy-types at school, your office reminds of School.
3. You suddenly are missing your school
4. You wish your boss had a spine
5. You *really* understand what people mean when they say, "Don't join an office with too many women in it."
6. As an Article, you start looking at work like a three year long formality.
7. You really understand, with practical demonstrations, how the power of idiot manifests itself.
8. When the office teaches you "How not to run an office"
9. When you can't wait for Saturdays.
10. The happiest time in the office is when it's lunch.
11. You are delighted when the Chai-wala arrives.
12. The only human in the office is this nice lady who does the errands.
13. When you cover your ears every time the loud admin auntie opens her mouth.
14. When you are glad you aren't a first attempt pass because of the numerous ass clowns belonging to that category you have to deal with everyday.
15.You think the term "CA" was just insulted when your boss used it before her name.
16. You realize why manners are important.
17. You take the time out from your Suppa-Beejee schedule to block all co-workers from your FB account.
18. You scream, "Bitch Please" in you head every time someone opens their mouth.
19. You feel like a superhero every time you tell someone to not join your firm.
20. You curse your intelligence.
21. Thanks to your critical observation of the boss, you can now write a book titled "1001 ways to demotivate someone".
22. The time spent on fiddling around with stationary has taught you as much about physics as angry birds.

P.S. I like my work, or I think I like to convince myself that I do. But one thing is for sure, the main trouble at my work is people who lack basic manners. People who are downright rude and inconsiderate.
And this kind of talent takes a lot of time to develop, and as impressive as it is to be a Medusa all the time, its kind of disgusting too.


2 comments:

  1. 'I'd never subject anyone else to Azkaban, would I?' You said AZKABAN!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep "accio"ing words from the HP series all the time, siriusly!

    ReplyDelete